Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just a Short Note...

This will be pretty short, as I am leaving in about 20 minutes for a long overdue date night with my sweet hubby...
The reason this date deserves a mention on this blog is that we aren't going just "anywhere" for our rare night out.. We are going to probably the most renowned Italian eatery in the state of Oklahoma : Pete's Place!
However, I have had some victory in the fact that today I have not been dreaming of the LARGE complimentary meatballs, ravioli, spaghetti, salad, and bread that come BEFORE the meal. I have been looking forward to this night all week, but I have not been obsessing over it, wondering what I will have and anticipating eating the leftovers tomorrow. It has been a good week with God. He has been teaching me so much. A lot about pride issues sneaking in when I have success that cause me to fall right back into the old patterns. Staying close to God has no choice but to keep us humbly in our place and Him in His.
Well our ride is here, so I will sign off!

No comments:

Post a Comment